WORKING WITH SCHOOLS AND LEARNING COMMUNITIES
South West Athletics Academy is an award winning provider of athletics with a successful track record of working with individual schools and learning communities in providing tailored sports programmes in new, fun and exciting ways.
Schools across the South West are using their school premiums to buy in the professional skills of the Academy. We are so confident that schools will enjoy our sessions that we run Free Taster Sessions for Primary Schools! We bring all the equipment and fully qualified staff for a bright, active, fun general session of running, jumping and throwing. Children never get bored because we use a multi station approach to all activities, keeping children engaged in small, age appropriate groups, helping to time keep, record results as well as competing individually and as a team. Afterwards we will take the time to discuss school’s individual requirements for further sessions.
Current Activities 2016
- Individual, focused sessions for teachers during their CPD time to enable them to cascade their training to deliver all year round athletics in a fun way within the school environment.
- Working with teachers to link our programme of activities to the school curriculum.
- We use bright, tactile equipment including sparkly light-up glitter shot puts, soft headed turbo javelins and other equipment.
Lunchtime and After School Clubs
We have a busy programme of after school and lunchtime clubs running around the county. All we ask is that in order to enable us to keep charges to a minimum, the school provides us with a hall or outdoor space free of charge.
- We use British Athletics qualified coaches who have been DBS checked
- We bring all equipment, which is designed to be bright easy and fun to use
- Children can try all the disciplines of athletics within a familiar setting
- Coaching blocks of 4, 5 or 6 week blocks depending on requirements
- We believe that our coaches are a great asset to the school and for children’s general fitness.
Mini and Junior Clubs
Our Minis and Junior clubs are a very popular way for young children to be introduced to running, throwing and jumping.
- Children can compete against their own scores to earn stickers, badges and certificates.
- We also talent scout to ensure that talented athletes are directed to their local athletics clubs.
- Children are involved in the entire process from time keeping and record keeping to competition and teamwork.
Sportshall – Learning Community Events
We are a successful and recognised provider of Sportshall events for school clusters. Our Sportshall format allows us to coach over 100 children at a time in different age groups and encourages children to participate in numerous ways both as athletes but also as mini officials.