SOUTH WEST ATHLETICS ACADEMY SPRINTS PROGRAMME
Sprint Coaching Sessions have now restarted on Monday evenings at Exeter Arena (Summer Lane, Whipton Exeter Devon EX4 8NN) from 7.00 – 8.15 pm
Cost is £7.00 per session or £26 for a 4 week block or £39 for a 6 week block. If you are a member of SW Athletics Academy the cost is just £5.00 per session with rates reduced even further for block bookings of 4 or 6 weeks. To book a place, please click here.
We can develop sprint programmes specific to your sport. Speed and core strength is a vital part of many sports. For example we currently provide specific sprint coaching for rugby and football players. We also use speed gates and benchmarking to assess your progress. Please contact us so we can discuss with you how we can develop a sprint programme for your sport.
Other sports currently benefiting from our sprints programme include:
- Rugby (see the specific sprints programme we have developed below)
- Ice hockey
- Ultimate Frisbee
RUGBY SPRINT PROGRAMME
South West Athletics Academy took over the sprint programme specific to rugby players last year from the Cheetars sprint programme which was discontinued due to the departure of the main coaches to other commitments. This programme is led by award winning Head Coach Sonya Ellis.
South West Athletics Academy is well placed to offer sprint coaching having developed specific conditioning programmes and technical workshops for south west sprinters who have been very successful in the School Games 2012 and the British Universities & Colleges Sport Championships 2012.
Core fundamentals of the training programme include:
- Technical development of speed and power for sprints
- Various methods of training to improve sprint performance
- Develop conditioning and coordination through activities such as plyometrics and resistance work
- Fitness testing and benchmarking
- Sport psychology, lifestyle, LTAD and planning
- Use of video analysis, and other technology such as iPads to get feedback trackside
- Stepped progression from the Main Group to the Advanced training groups.
CONTACT FOR QUERIES
Sonya Ellis – Head Coach – 07745 616852 or email@example.com