SWAG Volunteers – or SWAGers
We are keen to have volunteers helping at this event and have a variety of roles from a qualified technical officials to those who just want to lend a hand where most needed! All are welcome and vital to making this new and exciting event a success. We have conducted a brief straw poll via facebook and the name SWAGers seems to be the most popular so #SWAGers it is!
We have options for all ages so have a look at our description of roles below and let us know where you think you can help.
- Event advocate – please tweet , facebook etc – tell your friends, coaches and clubs!
- Help with writing media articles
- Event set up the day before
- Sponsorship seekers
On the Day
- Welcome desk and registration – helping everyone register smoothly and quickly
- Assistant to Event Directors
- Junior kit carriers – be right in the middle of the action (age 6 – 12)
- Kit carriers supervisors – see above!
- Athlete call room assistant – making sure athletes are in right place at right time before races
- Refreshments area – looking after all our hard working officials and volunteers
- Results runner – vital in linking results cabin with announcers box
- Announcers assistant
- Programme sales
- Presentation assistants – making sure athletes get their medals!
On the Track and Field area
- Technical Official holding a British Athletics officials licence
- Sprints area – assistant to marksman or starter
- Jumps area – sand raking and jumps board, high jumps bar
- Throws area – athlete marshalling, equipment collection
If any of these roles appeal to you we would love to hear from you!
Be there – Be a SWAGer….
Contact Sonya Ellis – Event Director on 07745 616852 or e mail email@example.com